Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Reporting Relationship: VP, Global Sales
Do you get thrills finding new prospects? Are you a master user of salesforce.com and spreadsheets (MS Excel and Google apps)? Do you shine in an entrepreneurial environment?
Tehama is looking to grow our winning team of Sales Development Representatives to generate intro calls, meetings and demos designed to drive qualified sales opportunities converting into real pipeline. Your mission will be to learn and apply pipeline generation skills needed to identify and acquire new customers in medium-sized and large enterprises.
You will achieve your goals because you are customer centric and always focused on solving the needs and challenges of the customer. We are actively hiring SDRs that are laser focused on their tasks and have a winning attitude and the desire to make their mark on the performance of the sales team.
What will you be doing?
SDRs are an integral piece of the sales process at Tehama. As part of a team-based approach, the responsibility lies in qualifying prospects through outbound activity. As part of the Sales team, you will be responsible for:
- Calling into a defined list and targeting stakeholders to introduce them to the Tehama value proposition
- Booking and securing introduction calls, delivering and presenting high-level product demonstrations, and going through a series of qualifications before handing off the opportunity to a Tehama Security Sales Consultant
- Becoming an authority at using lead generation tools to routinely extract contacts and craft accurate and targeted lists of prospects
- Conducting sales development best practices with email, phone, and social drips using web-based tools to creatively connect with new prospects and key decision makers
- Utilizing smart, targeted questions to speak knowledgeably with decisions makers such as Directors, VPs, CTOs and CISOs
- Expertly building interest and opportunities with new prospects
- Overseeing consultations on account executive’s calendar and logging activities in the CRM
- Ensuring Salesforce data quality and hygiene. It is the role’s responsibility to enter the correct attributes of a lead in Salesforce and maintain its hygiene (removal of duplicate leads, cleansing of invalid data, etc) while following Tehama sales processes and being a master of the CRM tool
- Monitoring social media, online pages, etc. to identify opportunities where Tehama can offer services, filter opportunities by company size, identify the correct contacts at the company and enter data into Salesforce
- Exceeding daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly activity and qualified lead quotas
- Assisting the team to organise Tehama events in the assigned territory, with and without partners
- Other duties as described by one’s Manager
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience selling technology and/or software
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Ability to work in dynamic, changing environment with minimal direction
- Hustle, persistence and the burning desire to own your number
- Experience in B2B sales, preferably in an SDR / appointment setting role. The ideal person will have overachieved here and will be looking to advance their sales career. This role is designed to be that next step for an ambitious sales person
- The position requires two-plus years of relevant experience with a strong emphasis on data cleansing and sales research through multiple avenues (LinkedIn, social media, etc.)
- Salesforce.com experience is a huge asset
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, Business or another relevant field would be of value
- An equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
What do you get in return?
- Work with the top minds in the industry: We are a disruptive new platform, changing the way the enterprise and providers look at security and productivity and we are a dynamic company with opportunities to expand skills and cross train in new areas
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Device of your choosing for day one and options to personalize your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun:Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Ottawa, you will be part of our driven SalesTehama team, a business unit of Pythian. Tehama is the fastest, simplest, and most flexible approach to delivering secure and integrated digital end-user computing (EUC) available today. Our service delivery platform enables organizations to easily onboard, manage, and scale their distributed workforce, by providing “ready to work” integrated and secured EUC environments with controlled access and monitoring—connecting new workers in minutes, not months. The result is decreased time to value, decreased operational costs, and a flexible work model that lets you move at the speed of today’s world.
Intrigued to see what a job is like at Pythian? Check us out@Pythian and#pythianlife.
Follow@PythianJobs on Twitter and@loveyourdata on Instagram!
Not the right job for you? Check out what other great jobs Pythian has open in Ottawa and around the world!Pythian Careers
- For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.